Junior Data Analyst
VisionMobile is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 30,000+ developers annually - across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Intel, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what they buy and where they are going next.
We are now looking for a Junior Data Analyst to support our research efforts. The Junior Data Analyst will be responsible for analysing our Developer Economics survey data to deliver eye-catching data visualisations.
The position is full time, based in Europe. You will be working from your home office or co-working space as part of a distributed team.
Who we’re looking for
As a Junior Data Analyst, you will have at least 1 year of working experience in number crunching. You will be fearless in data crunching and keen to show-off your pivots and visualisations with eye-candy that begs to differ from boring Excel charts.
You will have undertaken many data analysis projects where your attention to detail would impress.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing data tables and charts for clients
- Data and number crunching mostly in Excel but also in statistical and visualization software for complex projects
- Creating visually appealing charts based on data tables
- Assisting the analyst and the development teams as needed
What we are looking for
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Fearless in data and number crunching in Excel and ideally also in statistical or data visualisation software
- Background in statistics, mathematics or applied economics
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good quantitative research skills
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Minimum of 1 years experience as an analyst
- English speaker
Bonus points for
- A passion for technology, and an understanding of how it’s impacting people’s lives
- Good knowledge of MySQL is a plus
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Influence the leading decision makers behind the platforms and products that are defining the developer economy
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, or tie and a suit
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription
- Your laptop of choice + large monitor
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
We hate CVs, we love people. Apply with a video or a short powerpoint presentation introducing yourself and why you want to work for VisionMobile. Mark it private or unlisted so that it’s only visible to us.